We're here to make sure your transition to Bankwell is effortless. It's part of our commitment to providing platinum-level customer service to simplify tasks for our customers. Follow these five steps to switch your bank accounts to Bankwell:
- Open a Bankwell Checking Account: Visit one of our branches and we'll help you select a Checking account that fits your needs.
- Stop Using Your Previous Checking Account: Allow time for all checks and automatic transfers/transactions to clear.
- Switch Your Direct Deposit: Complete the Direct Deposit Transfer Letter (PDF) and Social Security Direct Deposit Worksheet (PDF) to activate direct deposit for your new Bankwell account.
- Transfer Your Automatic and Online Bill Pay Payments: Use the Automatic Payment Transfer Letter (PDF) to set up new automatic payments. Log in to Online Banking to manage your bill payments.
- Close Your Previous Checking Account: Verify that all outstanding items have cleared first and that direct deposit has been switched to your Bankwell account. Then complete the Account Closure Request Letter (PDF).
If you have any questions, please contact us or visit a branch.